Thursday, February 5, 2009

Final Crisis

I was all set to write something about this series, and especially the last issue, when I began reading Stephen Grant's always-delightful Permanent Damage. And in the first two paragraphs of his article, he sums up my feelings completely--including geometry deficiency. I'll quote the first few lines of it here, but you really should go read the whole thing at http://comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=19863.

So FINAL CRISIS finally gave up the ghost last week, collapsing a
universe of plot threads into a chaotic black hole of crushed data bits, and
triggering a flood of back and forth online excoriations and defenses,
condemnation and praises that all (at least what I read) missed the single
salient, unassailable fact of FINAL CRISIS #7:

It's gibberish.


The good news is that I finally have finished reading my latest book and have been composing in my head for the last 100 pages of the book. Pent up critical juices are trying to escape. It could be interestig.

No comments:

Post a Comment